Wednesday, April 2, 2008

cancer awareness

As some of you know, I donate 10% of my sales to preventcancer.org ... but it's not enough. I want to help more...

A lovely lady that we know from church has cervical cancer. We heard about this awhile ago. Her symptons have gotten worse throughout the time that we heard about it. The doctors can no longer treat it and that the treatment would only feed to the cancer now, because the cancer has spread to her organs... and a few days ago, she found out that the cancer has spread to where her bowel movements will not work... the doctors gives her 2 weeks left...

Two weeks.
Two weeks.
Only two. What would i do in my last two weeks of my life?
I was thinking that Steve & I would visit her during this really hard time, but I rather have her spend that time with her 3 and 5 year old sons, and her husband.

It frustrates me, and it really makes me ache for her. I just cannot imagine, and don't want to know and feel how hard it is for her to not be able to see her sons grow up, to be a teenager, meet their girlfriends, and watch them enter adulthood...

It really make me so sad and upset all at the same time.

Please, which ever religion that you go with, please pray for her... that a miracle will cure her.

To learn more about cervical cancer, please check out these sites:

Here are some Etsy sellers that promote Cancer Prevention
(click on the picture for their listing)






brokenhearted,
nicole

2 comments:

  1. What a sad, sad story.

    There has been a lot of sadness lately in my life, though not directly. (Relatives losing relatives...)

    I will pray for this woman, and for others who are seeming to be drenched in sadness..

    truly,
    Sylvia C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definetly will pray for this woman. It's not easy dealing with it and even though I haven't with it directly I have had to deal with it indirectly with many family members who have lost their lives to cancer the last few years and by no means is it easy for the people who have it or the people who love them dearly. The cancer awarness bracelets on etsy are great ways to help promote it. Please purchase one or a few to show people how you truly feel about the cause. My family and I pray for this woman and her family in this time of sadness.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...