Friday, March 13, 2009

Another chocolate chip cookies

So, my husband got a Cooking Light recipe book last year.
I decided that [almost] every week, I'm going to making something from it.

Today, I made the chocolate chip cookies [pg 146]

Makes 3 dozen.

1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 applesauce (drained)
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips [I used half dark and half milk - that's all I had in the cupboard]
Cooking spray

How to drain your applesauce:
Place applesauce in strainer into a bowl, but don't let the strainer touch the bottom. Let it sit for 15 minutes. Discard liquid, scrape applesauce into bowl with rubber spatula.

Preheat oven 375 degrees.

Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Mix well.

Combine drained applesauce, sugar, and butter in a large bowl. Beat with mixer at medium speed until it is light - for approx. 2 minutes. Beat in vanilla and egg. Add flour mixture (I usually scoop it in the bowl with my 1/4 measuring cup). Beat at low speed until well blended. Fold in chips.

Drop by tablespoons on sheet that has been sprayed with cooking oil [or aluminum foil sheet] approx. two inches apart. Bake for 10 minutes.

---

I had to bake 3 baking sheets. Each batch came out differently, probably due to the applesauce. First batch, I baked for what the book had said, 10 minutes. It came out flat and really doughy. Second batch, I paid close attention... it baked for about 18 minutes, came out perfect! Third batch, 13 minutes, it was a little darker than the second, but still came out pretty good.
So, when you bake, just sit close by.

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Each cookie has 78 calories. Not bad, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...