Friday, August 17, 2012

Blueberry Spinach Smoothie

Child #1 doesn't care for vegetables... so, he always says that green foods makes him sick.

We usually hide vegetables in their foods, but he always somehow finds them and picks them out.

I've been on a smoothie kick lately, it first started by me purchasing Jamba Smoothie Mixes. They're delicious by the way! But I figured that I need to do something healthier.

I made my own Blueberry Spinach smoothie.

1 cup frozen blueberries
~3 cups of spinach (take the stems off if you need to)
1 frozen banana (peeled, of course)
1 frozen peach (i usually have it peeled, but it's not necessary)
1 container of plain greek yogurt (our favorite greek yogurt is Oikos)
1/4 cup apple juice

Serves approx. 3 - 4

put it all together in a blender and mix until smooth.

I have to make sure I make these "green" smoothies not the color green. Child #1 will start questioning! So, I thought that blueberries would 'hide' the green color.

The boys loved it! They couldn't taste the spinach, and it's definitely a do again!

I totally took the picture of the smoothie late, we were all enjoying the smoothie so much, that toward the end, I was like, "Oh no! I need to take a picture!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...