Saturday, April 11, 2009

Oatmeal Cookies with A-Peel

Oh boy, I'm a bit behind on my recipes, aren't I?

Well, I had made these cookies really delicious cookies!

Today from the The All-New Complete Cooking Light Cookboook, Oatmeal Cookies with A-Peel [page 142]

Makes approx 4 dozen

1 cup sweetened dried cranberries or raisins [I didn't have enough of both, so, I used 1/3 cranberries and 1/3 golden raisins and 1/3 dried apples]
1/2 cup orange juice [I only had Simply Orange which has pulp in it]
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
2 tablespoons light-colored corn syrup
1 large egg
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups regular oats
1/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
1 tablespoon grated orange rind [I actually forgot about this]

Preheat oven 375 degrees

Combine cranberries and orange juice in a bowl, cover and let stand 10 minutes

Beat sugars and butter with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add corn syrup and egg, beat well. Stir in cranberry mixture.

Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Add oats, walnuts, and orange rind, stir well. Add to sugar mixture, stir until well blended.

Drop by level tablespoon 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes or until almost set. Remove from pan and cook on a rack.

I actually came out with 3 dozen.

for 4 dozen, calories 78 each.

I like these better than the chocolate chip ones. I don't think me forgetting the orange rinds made much difference in the cookies.

Oatmeal Cookies with A-Peel

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...