Tuesday, May 11, 2010

What shade is it?

If you didn't know, we have put our house on the market. We haven't had much luck, since there are so much competition out there. We've put a lot of work into our house - i.e. new deck, new wood floors, new doors, new trims, new brushed nickle furnishes, etc.
and the houses on sale around us haven't done anything other than paint their rooms. Everything is builder grade.

Ahhh, the pains of selling a house.

We also live in a non-HOA (Home Owner Association) area. We like it, no one to tell you that you have one too many weeds in your grass, that your grass is 1 cm too tall, you can only pick your house colors from a certain book of colors that they have, or anything.
And it's nice because you don't have to pay people to constantly "police" you.

But the downsides to a non-HOA is this:

My husband (Steve) saw this first, since I was at a KCEtsy Meeting. My mouth dropped.
This is not directly in front of our house.

Steve said that he took David on a walk and saw the wife come home and started to take pictures of their house.
He thinks that they're going to change it.
Let's keep our fingers crossed.
We're just hoping that the buyers are not going to steer away from our house because of this one.

5 comments:

  1. i like the blue... but where I live lots of the houses are different colours.

    I guess it stands out like crazy from the neighbourhood

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the joys of buying and selling. Hopefully your buyers will like electric blue paint!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. It's even bluer than thought last night. How is that possible?

    ReplyDelete
  4. my filters are blocking out the picture, but I can imagine. I'm also in KC area, and it took us almost 2 years to sell, but now we've been in our new house for almost a year, and I can assure you, it will all be worth it! the right person will come along, and overlook the things you're worried about {our buyer did}. Hang in there! ;)

    oh, and after our last neighborhood, i welcome HOA rules. As long as you take care of your house, you'll never have a problem!

    found you on etsy forums, i hope you'll come visit me too!

    http://jdavissquared.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the blue! I thought one of the perks of the area was not having to conform!
    My last house took 18 monthes to sell as the price went down,down,down.. The first people to look at it bought it.
    The worst part of being for sale is keeping it so clean all the time. My kids felt like it wasn`t our house anymore. Kinda wasn`t!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...