Friday, December 23, 2011

Frame Art for the Holidays

We don't have anything up on our mantel, and I wanted to do something.

I got my inspiration from this picture:



But I wanted to do something a little different.

I went to Hobby Lobby, found red poster board, white scrapbook cardstock, and 18x24 frame.

I got lucky. Everything was on sale!
Red Poster Board - $.50
White Scrapbook Cardstock pack - $4  -- I only used 3 sheets of 12x12
18x24 frame - $17.50
Mat and cutting - free (S's dad had extra and cut it for me too!)  I think you can get 1 cut for $1 at Hobby Lobby - I'm not sure though.

I spent a total of : $22

I sketched up what I wanted to do.  As you can see I just grabbed whatever I could find on the table!


I had used Cricut Cutting Up Cartridge for the lettering.



I put it all together last night. I had to revise from what I sketched, I moved the "to the" next to Joy because I didn't have room for "the Lord" to be on one line... I still think it turned out nice.


S said it has the 'Dr. Seuss' look. I have to agree. It's cute, and I'm happy with it!

Our mantel is very sparse, so, I'm trying to do something every year. :)

1 comment:

  1. That looks great! Lovin' it.

    Thanks for entering the giveaway on my blog. There are actually a few others going on right now as well if you're interested in entering those too: http://someonesgottapay.wordpress.com/category/giveaways/

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...