Monday, August 13, 2012

Hoover Twin Tank Steam Mop - Review

As you know, I have two little boys. We have wood floors in the kitchen and eating area. As any mother with toddlers would know, there is hardly a time where food does not fall on the floor.
Our boys are definitely no exception. Child #2 loves to eat off the floor. Do not ask me why! He would dump his food sometimes on the floor just to eat it off the floor.
Child #1 would throw away anything that touches the floor, with the exception of any types of sweets.

[Almost] Every night, I sit on the floor by the dining table with a bottle of floor cleaning spray, and clean up the floor with a towel. If there is a spot that is hard to get off, I'll spray and let it sit there as I get to other spots, and then spot clean the tough crusty part. We haven't found a mop that really cleans the floor.

I had the opportunity to try out Hoover Twin Tank Steam Mop! I was very excited -- as you can tell by the picture below!  This is when I came home late from work, and I was telling Steve that I had received an e-mail that the Steam Mop was coming soon... and he walked to the other room and brought it out and said, "this steam mop?" ... I was very excited! Yes, the little things in life excites me!!!



So, here are some things on the box that Hoover Steam Mop does:

  • Disinfects & Kills or Removes 99.99% of harmful bacteria (with steam alone)
  • TwinTank Technology - which allows users to keep formula cleaning solution and water separate for total control.
  • Solution Control Dial - users can easily control the amount of cleaning solution used to meet the needs of any cleaning job
  • 30-Foot Power Cord - pretty awesome if you have a big kitchen
  • Removable Tanks - for easy filling and emptying
  • Triangular Swivel Mop Head
  • Carpet Glider
  • Microfiber Triangle Pads
  • Soft-Touch Grip
  • Cord Release
  • "Steam Ready" Indicator LED

I didn't clean the floor for a couple days, believe me, it was really difficult walking on the sticky floor.
While the boys were taking a nap, I took a picture of the spot under where the boys usually eat.

I swept first, so you can actually see the spots rather than extra dirty floor.
If you click on the picture, you can probably see better of all the dirty spots.


The directions to the steam mop was very easy to follow and easy to use! It's not loud, and with the tough spots, I just went extra slow over it. Just one time over the spot, it's gone! What? I didn't have to go back and forth with the mop! I didn't have to get down on the floor and scrap at it!


It's gone! How easy was that? It didn't take the floor long to dry from the mop, maybe 5 minutes or less.
Here is another spot. I think this is probably drips of juice and just got dirty from walking on it. I have no idea how long it has been there.

Just a slow glide over the spot...
I had to take a bigger picture because I couldn't remember where the spot originally was at!

Now, for the carpet test:
I have no idea what my kids had spilled here, I think it may be cranberry juice. Child #1 was on a cranberry juice kick for a little bit.


 Not sure if you can see it, but there is a small reddish stain.


I did the Spot Clean for this part. You can see a slight spot, but you can hardly see it now!


PROS:

  • Super light and compact
  • Triangular head, I could get the tight corners under the bar easily
  • Disinfects 99.99% -- this is nice since my youngest enjoy eating off the floor
  • TwinTake - which means, I don't necessary have to use the solution and I can use just the steam (this means I can save some money)
  • Microfiber Pads that I can just throw in the wash for easy cleaning!
  • Cord Release makes it easy so I don't have to unwind 30' of cord just to wind it back up!!
  • Steam Ready Indicator is super quick, barely one minute and it's ready for me to use!
  • It glides very easily on the wood floor and carpet!
  • Swivel head, that's easy to turn with just a twist of the wrist
CONS:
  • Need to refill water with every cleaning job.
I don't think it's a big deal with refilling the water with every project, but we have used it at least 2 - 3 times a week now.  We don't let the water sit in the tanks for very long.

Overall, I think it's a great product! Super easy to use! Definitely better than sitting on the floor!

“I received a sample of this product to facilitate my review, but my opinions are entirely my own.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...