Friday, September 9, 2011

Webster House - Review

Webster House was from Groupon. It was a $50 Groupon.
Webster House is in the Crossroads Arts District.  It is next to the beautiful Kauffman Performing Arts Center.


I decided to use it for S's birthday in July. I made reservations at 6:30pm.

We arrived a little bit early, about 6:10pm. I'm not sure how much you know about Webster House. There is an antique shop on the main floor that you walk in. There are so many neat things. Since we were early, we browsed through the shop. When we were there, they had vases, dining ware, tables, mirrors, etc. There was even a fountain! It was neat looking all the variety of things. I'm sure when you go, there would be different items.
We sat down about 6:35pm, not too bad. There was a birthday party going on in the main room. There was so much going on, but it was okay. It didn't really affect the mood or anything. We sat in the same room as the kitchen, which S and I love. We love watching that kind of stuff.
Our waitress was incredibly friendly.

His meal:
Shrimp and Grits for starter
Pear salad -- I can't remember the name, and it's not on their menu anymore, but I think this was what it was called (mixed greens, red onions, pears, blue cheese, and champagne vinaigrette)
Grilled Beef Tenderloin (Summer vegetable salad, bacon, Roquefort dressing and port wine sauce)
Lemon Tart for dessert

My meal:
Mussels for starter (Cider, bacon, dipping bread)
Pork Shank (kale -- i LOVE kale, mashed potatoes)
Vanilla Bean Crème Brulèe

S and I have different tastes in food. He like grits, and I don't. He likes blue cheese and I don't [like the 'moldy' cheeses]. He likes fruit for dessert, and I prefer to have chocolate/ice cream/etc.

S absolutely love [and still talks about] his shrimp and grits.
He loved the pears in his salad, and felt that the dressing was mixed just the right amount. It was not heavy or overwhelming like some salads.
He actually wanted the bass, but it was soldout that night. So, he went with the beef tenderloin.
He loooved his lemon tart!

I absolutely loved my mussels. S doesn't care much for mussels. After I ate everyone, used the bread to soak up the broth, I used a spoon to get more. I couldn't get enough! It was amazing!
The pork shank... wow. so tender, so delicious. the meat was so easy to chew. S loved his beef, but liked mine more.
The crème brulèe was made just right. Some places still have it runny when you take bite, and that's not right. But Webster House had made it perfect. It had just the right about of vanilla, perfect consistency, and the top was just the right amount of crispy.  I think if no one was around, I would have picked up the bowl and licked it! Haha!

We both also had a glass of wine to go with our meals.

I consider Webster House fine dining. We usually go to one on our birthdays and around Christmas for date nights. We usually splurge when we go to these sorts of restaurants.

In the end, we really enjoyed our night. We loved our meals, loved the atmosphere, our waitress, and ... pretty much everything.

I rate Webster House: 5 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...