Sunday, November 20, 2011

Apple Chips - Recipe

I made apple chips yesterday.  All three boys were taking a nap. So, I thought I'd make them some apple chips.

I used 2 gala apples. I cored the middle, you don't have to though.  Oh! First pre-heat the oven at 220F.
I sliced the apples with a mandoline slicer.  While I was slicing the other apple, I set the first slices in a bowl of lemon water to prevent browning.

Heat 2 cups of water and 3/4 cup of sugar to light boil. I put them in for a minute or less.

I set them on a paper towel while I was waiting for the oven to pre-heat.  This is the time that you can add spices to it, like cinnamon. But I like it simple with nothing on it.


Now, you can see how dirty our oven is! lol Oh, yes, the apple slices. One tray = 1 apple.

Bake for about 25 min, take it out and flip them over to dry both sides of the slices and another 25 min for the other side. total of 50 minutes.

And D approves! :D
D loved it so much that he ate all of it (2 apple worth). I think S and I only got 1 or 2 chips. It's ok, I don't mind. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...