Friday, December 2, 2011

Happy Friday

Since I didn't do Happy Friday last week.... ... being a holiday week and all [my excuse].

1. I ran the Gobbler 5k Sunday, Nov. 20th. I did it in 30:39. I felt like I could have done better. They had all marathon, half-marathon, and 5k people run together. ... everyone split off to their respectable run when it came time. I felt like I could have done better because I had to run around a lot of walkers that were at the front of the run.  Oh well, in the end, ... I did better than my previous 5k (Girls on the Run 30:51).
It was a really cold morning too! It was 27 degrees when I got to the location, and it was 31 degrees when I left.... But I have to say, I enjoyed the cold run better.

2. Thanksgiving. Even though Holidays are also so hectic... this Thanksgiving turned out really well. The boys slept in (yay), and both our families came. We had a great time together. So thankful for everyone in our lives. See below for our collection of family pictures. I don't think there is a 'perfect' one.

3. When I went to pick up the kids last Tuesday, the director of the school wanted to let me know that the head teacher for D (Child #1) was impressed with his math skills. D being only 1.5 months shy of being three years old was doing things that they would expect a 4 or 5 year old to do. I am so very proud of him.

4. S and I got to see his dad in the Messiah last night at the new Kauffman Center of the Performing Arts. Well, kind of. It was a dress rehearsal. It was still pretty awesome.


5. I had lunch with an old co-worker, Erin. I haven't seen her for awhile. So, I thought we should get lunch! It was such a delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...