Saturday, November 5, 2011

Banana Crunch Top Muffins

Grandma K passed this morning. S got a call from his dad about 5:45am. We rushed to get ready. S left first and I waited for his call. As soon as the kids woke up, I got them ready for my parents.

I got to the Hospice about 7:20am. She looked really peaceful. She's probably smiling down at us right now. This has been really hard on S. When he's emotionally caught up in something, he just starts not feeling so well.
The boys do not really understand all this.

So, I made a comfort food/snack.  Banana Bread ... kind of.

Banana with crunchy top muffins - 12 muffins. 375 degrees.

1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 banana mashed
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup light brown sugar
2 tbsp flour
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp butter

1. Mix the dries together (flours, baking soda, baking powder, and salt) in a medium bowl
2. Mix mashed bananas, sugar, egg, and butter in large bowl.
3. Put the dries in to the wet.
4. You can use liner or spray the muffin tin. I sprayed the pans. Put batter in the tin.
5. In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and butter. Mix it until it resembles like a streusel mix
6. Put mix over batter.
7. Bake for 17 - 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. I did mine 20 min, and it was perfect.

The boys loved it :)




As I was about to post pictures.... I accidentally deleted them :(
So, I'll take a picture of the boys eating them tomorrow morning! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...