Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Everyday Love

If you did not know, I am not the type of person who is into the "small" holidays (i.e. Valentine's day, st. Patrick's day, etc.). I may have cared about Valentine's Day when I was single, when I called it "Single Awareness Day", but I usually just hang out with friends or hide in a book.
For [every] Valentine's day, I actually request that S not to do anything special. It should not be the only day where we show love to each other. Shouldn't everyday be Valentine's Day?


I do want to list a few things how I know that S loves me :

1. He lets me sleep when the boy(s) wake up in the middle of the night. He would do this the moment our children turn four months.
2. He lets me sleep in the morning when D (child #1) comes in our room letting us know that his Tot Clock has turned yellow. D is our alarm clock.
3. He gets the boys changed, dressed, and the bag packed with their breakfast for school in the mornings while I shower and get ready.  The moment that I come downstairs, the boys are ready (except for the coats).
4. He supports in everything that I want to do. Even if I get all defeatist (which is often), he still supports me.
5. He cooks. 90% of the week, he cooks. ... and I eat.
6. He watches the boys while I run (for training and race day).  He entertains the boys while I'm running the 'race'.
7. He folds laundry.
8. He made me my craft table (which I need to post updated pictures) and stenciled the craft/office wall.
9. He listens, and gives me feedback (positive and negative)
10. He is always warm and lets me snuggle on him even if my fingers and toes are frozen.
11. He always tells me how much he loves the boys and me, at least once a day.

I'm sure I could go on. I sure got lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...