Monday, December 31, 2012

Gingher Seam Ripper Review

I am currently on a hunt for a good quality seam ripper. I usually use the cheap ones that's short, and awkward to use. So, my requirements are a good handle for now.

I saw this pretty neat looking Gingher seam ripper. I like how the blade retracts. So, I purchased it and decided to try it out.


I opened it last night, pretty good looking.

I really like how it has a retractable blade (p.s. I'm not left handed, I just needed my right hand to hold the camera and take pictures)



A little awkward for my hand. Not sure if I was holding it right.
Well, then the most important part... the seam ripping.

the tip, it's a bit curved, not sure if you can see it here:


It doesn't work very well on getting under the thread, it keeps slipping away from the seam. The tip is pretty thick, so, it is difficult to get under the seam. I can see how it would be nice to use when ripping the seam of two fabrics. For any seam ripping of top stitches, it's going to be difficult.



As much as I love the look, it does not pass the test on ripping the seams. It is difficult to get under the seams. If I can't get to underneath the seam, then it makes it kind of pointless on ripping the seam, huh?

Don't get me wrong, I love Gingher, just not their new seam ripper.

So, onto the next seam ripper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...