Friday, June 6, 2014

Stay at home moms have it so easy!

I won’t deny this.

When I was a working mom, I thought, “Stay at home moms has it SO easy.”

What a joke!! What a complete joke!

You know how many times I check my facebook, email, etc.? Probably the same amount of time a working mom does. Quick bathroom breaks, lunch breaks, during red lights, etc.

Now, I am a work at home mom, aka WAHM. I homeschool my two boys (D & C, or Kid #1 and Kid #2), I have things picked out for them every week to do. I pick out Books, hands on activity, learning time, math skills, writing skills and other activities that I like to pertain to the letter of the week. This means that I have to take the time to have that all ready for them. Research other homeschool mom blogs, look on the local library catalog to see if the book that i was to theme is available, etc.

Do I think I have it easy? Sure! I get to nap when they nap, because those kids WEAR me out! But I hardly get a chance to nap. When we go out to play, I do not sit on the bench, I do not nap on the bench, I am LITERALLY over them b/c I have to deal with bullies on the playground. When they play on the driveway or backyard… I am stitching patches on their pants. I won’t deny that the house is cleaner than when I was a working mom, but not by much. I fold and pick up while they watch TV, sometimes I can’t even do that because I have to referee them so they are not wrestling all over the place, jumping on the sofa, etc. Oh yes, Stay at home moms have it so easy!
Bath times are usually Steve's duty, but some of the times, I do it; getting them ready for bed, reading to them, and making sure they actually go to bed. It's not like I'm taking a break here.

Oh, yes, I also sew, blog, social media, etc. as my working part. When do I do that? I do it the SAME time that I DID when I was working a corporate job! WHAT? Whoa. You mean you don’t work while your kids are home?! Nope! I work when they are napping (which is not anymore b/c Kid #1 doesn’t nap, so he reads to me when Kid #2 naps). I work on my sewing business at night, WAY after bedtime. Even then, I don’t. I also head a not for profit co-op group of handmade sellers in the local area. So, I have that on my plate. Why is it on my plate? Because I LOVE handmade that I want to help others succeed. I actually sew for my business for about 2 hours a week, sometimes 30 minutes a week. Other times are computer times, blogging. Yes, I also blog for my business. Those posts are a bit steadier than this one. Blog posts are not just a 5 minute quick post. Tutorial posts take up to 3 hours, first I have to make and take pictures of each step of what I am doing, edit the photo, blog the post. I will say that I am sorry that I don’t blog here consistently. This doesn’t collect money as well as my business. I hope you understand.

This is my family blog. I am venting about how stupid I was thinking that staying at home is easy.

Dear 10 months ago Nicole. You are stupid… Be nice to SAHMs, and quit being so jealous of something that you have never experienced. The grass is only greener the side you water. Deal with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...