Saturday, December 31, 2011

Blueberry Banana Muffins

We had some blueberries that I needed to use up... and bananas that were ripe.

I used the Banana Muffin recipe and added blueberries to it.


I changed up a few things.
I added one more egg and 1 cup of fresh blueberries.


Because of adding the blueberries, the recipe will make about 18 muffins.  Set oven to 375 degrees.



Here is the recipe again with the changes:

1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 banana mashed
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted
2 eggs
1 cup fresh blueberries


topping
1/3 cup light brown sugar (you can use regular sugar if you want)
2 tbsp flour
1/8 tsp cinnamon  (if you want a stronger cinnamon, add 1/4 tsp)
1 tbsp butter  (make sure this is cold, because when it's melted, it just turns the mix into mush)


Directions:
Mix mashed bananas, sugar, and butter, then add eggs.
Mix the dries together. Add the dries to the banana mix. Until completed mixed, add blueberries last. Fold the blueberries into the batter so you don't crush them.

These baked about 20 minutes for me.

I used the regular sugar for the crunch topping, but I think I'll use the light brown next time. I like a bit of a darker flavor to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...